Saturday, January 31, 2009

AHHH! This will take forever


AHHH! This will take forever
Originally uploaded by Ang..

So. this is going to take awhile.
The bottom ruffle required 16 pieces of newspaper all painted with stripes and sewn together. Did I mention newspaper likes tp rip when it even within sight of the sewing machine? There is little pieces of scotch tape everywhere....
Hopefully if I can do two ruffles a weekend I'll get it done on time. I guess this weekend will be the worst with the two biggest ruffles to sew. I need to cut more strips tonight for the next one.
I think it looks good though - it should have lots of stage presence with the stripes. It would look rather blah without them. (Of course I have to add bits of leopard print too...)
The skirt is huge - I'm debating putting a bit of a hoop in it - although that will be such a pain after the ruffles are on. It would have to be a separate hoop skirt. I was kind of hoping the ruffles would pull the skirt out on their own but they are stiff enough.
Oh well. As long as it looks good and I get it done on time...
March 6th is the submission deadline....
http://www.wearableartawards.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment