Saturday, June 6, 2009

Been working with this gang from L.A. on my latest show. It's been really nice - I really like them all. I can't quite decide what it is that makes it so nice.

Is it:

A) the fact that they are all closer to my age and of similar backgrounds? Aka no middle aged moms with kids? Not that there is anything wrong with that it is just nice when you talk about something and everyone in the room 'gets it'

B) that by some miracle we all have the same taste in music? I have never been in a room with 12 depeche mode lovers - like fervent! We all have tonnes of it on our ipods and can all sing along to every song. Ahh Depeche Mode. Brings me back to when I was 15. Alan Wilder where are you now?

C) because there is BOYS? Heck they may fart and tell rude jokes ALL DAY LONG but it is sure refreshing instead of a bunch of catty women. They keep farting and I keep laughing. There was a sausage joke that went on for many hours yesterday and yes I kept laughing at that too. I even learned how to catch a fly, put it to sleep (with air in a can), glue a string to it's belly (and what kind of glue works best) and then exactly how much weight a fly can support (fortunes from fortune cookies are too heavy I'll have you know)- I know I know we are all going to burn in hell. I will have you know I watched in horror and only was laughing when one of the other girls screamed in terror at the fly on a string approaching them. (yes they often go full retard too)

Good times.. Some of this enjoyment may be delerium as we worked until the wee hours of the morning and are often hopped up on sugar - yesterdays menu included a venti green tea latte, a coca cola, a dixi cup of penny candies, bread pudding with strawberry stuff, another green tea, and happy pills (they can be purchased in a store!)

Other then that nothing is new. Just trying to stay awake. Sand has arrived for the backyard. I currently have a cd STUCK in my computer so I have to take it in to have it removed. SO ANNOYING! I can't be without my computer for a few days. WAHHHH!!!!
(Apparently it doesn't matter that I have a laptop that works just fine)

Dogs are barking perhaps that means the dictator has arrived back home....

Time to sneeze too....


**Note this is NOT our fly on a string

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you're having fun. I agree - working with women can totally suck. They can be so catty and nasty.

    They can put a fly to sleep, but do they know how to put a lobster to sleep?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cripps or Bloods? Can they hypnotize a chicken? I think I'm a middle aged mom, thats why I don't work anymore:(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you already tried the scotch tape on a credit card trick to get the cd out? I got a mini-disc stuck in mine and this worked: strip of scotch tape doubled up and stuck to itself so it's a loop sticky side out, stick one half to a credit card and flatten it, stick credit card in slot to fish out your disc...

    I'm stoked you get to do the chihuahua costumes for the movie, that's awesome!

    ReplyDelete