Thursday, November 9, 2006

I'm bummed. I had a major fight with someone at work last week. The 'I'm not speaking to you ever again' kind.
I feel better when I don't talk to this person. My stomach calms down and I don't have to worry about arguing with them. But apparently it is upsetting everyone else in our department that we aren't speaking.
There is only a week to go. I was really enjoying myself on this job and loved everyone (except this person) I don't want to see it end this way but it is falling apart.
I can't fake happy happy when this person upsets me as much as they do. I don't want to pretend everything is ok and that their behavior was ok. (I'm not saying mine was either)
Now I am getting paranoid everytime I see a conversation happening just out of earshot. Other people are starting to treat me differently. Tonight I ate lunch by myself.
I hate it.
Yes I could apologize but then the power tripper would be justified in treating me the way they did. I do not like people who abuse their position and will speak out everytime. It has gotten me in trouble before. For example when I refused to make coffee in Stratford. I don't drink it - AT ALL and it wasn't part of my job description. They threatened to fire me.
This person threatened me with my job as well - even though they were in no position to do anything about it other then complain.
I wrote said person a letter yesterday telling them why I was upset. Now they are really mad.
We are supposed to have a big end of show party this weekend. It is expected everyone goes. Right now it is the last thing I want to do. We are also supposed to do a department lunch. I can't imagine sitting across the table from this person and joking around and celebrating.
Ugh. I don't know what to do. I think the thing that bothers me the most is that I am ruining a really good friendship with someone who is stuck in the middle.

5 comments:

  1. As someone who is prone to letting people know when they're being assholes, I feel ya. I don't know the best way to handle it, but the way I usually make that kind of decision is to actually stop and consider what is really the main thing goal. It may well be that avoiding X is more important than attending the party. The point is to sit down, think it out and make a concious decision about what you actually want, rather than letting your riled-up-edness decide for you.

    And always remember - your dogs will be cute no matter what.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME ABOUT THIS? I'd come out there and whack that person up the side of the head.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh, sorry you have to go through that! Is there anyway to tell the meanie that you'll just have to agree to disagree? That you're both professionals and sometimes it sucks but suck it up? Um, just sayin'. Good Luck! Your puppies love you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks guys.. yesterday was a better day. If only cause I just worked my butt off all day and then went home. Didn't try and socialize. And I brought everyone end of show gifts - even meanie... ANd I am getting sick. Boy can I make people feel bad or what!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay, taking the high road. Not that I would ever actually recommend it, because you gotta do what you gotta do, but there is a certain satisfaction to be had from it in the long run.

    ReplyDelete