Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Here in New Zealand. It is Wednesday morning. Waiting for this city to get moving.
T and I were exhausted yesterday. I won't go into flight details but let's just say my stomach contents didn't make it across the pacific ocean. We went straight to the spa and had an AMAZING treatment at Bodyhaven. LOVED it. SO NICE. Just what we needed to get the yucky plane ick off of us. After the spa we stopped at the starbucks and came straight back to the hotel where we were able to check in early.
We didn't get up to much yesterday, a little wandering. Discovered food is REALLY EXPENSIVE. Cheapest restaurant we found was averaging $20 a dish - T got a spinach salad for $!!!! EEKS. After that we decided it was time to get some groceries to keep the cost down. That was still expensive, bagels, cream cheese, small orange juice, can of coke, and a can of pringles - $24!!!!!!! (yes I needed the pringles - they are in the mini bar teasing me for $5 a small can)
After all that we were in bed and asleep by 7:30pm. I slept solid through until 4:30 this morning. Then we got up and ate leftover pizza in bed! Awesome. I peeked out the window a few times during the early morning and well - I can't see any hookers or homeless people? What is up with the lack of hookers and homeless people? Could New Zealand really be that perfect? Didn't see anyone begging for change... WEIRD!
We've been watching the morning news this morning. It's funny - they are all pretty goofy - not all serious. Only understand half of what they are saying.
Exit signs at the airport say "WAY OUT" instead of exit. I think that is funny.
uhmmmm
Can't think of aanything else to say now. We are off to the Te Papa museum this morning. I should probably have some breakfast and not just that 4:30am pizza.

1 comment: