Thursday, September 28, 2006

I have my best paying job ever right now. Being as it is a movie it never lasts long. In another 2 months I could be unemployed and wanting EI. However this time, this job has actually lasted long enough for me to reach a goal that I have been trying to achieve for a LONG time.
I am one paycheck (aka TODAY) away from paying off my mastercard. YAY!!!!! I have fought with this credit card for over 8 years. I've never been able to get it below $3000.00, I'd get it down to that, then I'd be unemployed again and I would fill it back up. And funny how those credit cards just keep raising their limits for me. Evil people.
I've even managed to start a savings account.
For those of you who don't know me you probably don't think this is a big deal. For those of you like Stephanie who know that when I am down to my last pennies and feeling really stressed out about money and how I will pay the rent I have one cure. I go SHOPPING! My job is also one where I am in the malls everyday shopping 'professionally' for the latest fashions in size 0. You can't help shopping for yourself - at least once a week you see something you NEED. (unfortunately not in a 0.)
Anyways that's all. I no longer have credit card debt in my life. Relief.
Next the car. And then STUDENT LOANS!!!!! (I won't hold my breath) We don't have a mortgage yet - we are in Vancouver afterall. If we had a mortgage here I'd never pay off my creditcards.
Birdie is trying to help me type which is never useful so I better go play with her and Minou before I head off to work.

7 comments:

  1. Congrats!! I'm in the same boat, especially with the retail therapy, I can totally sympathise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW. I'm so proud. I'm just working on getting my MC absorbed into my mortgage. Then I'll get to say "buh-bye" to those nasty people.

    (BTW - it's really hard to do the "visual verification" thingy when the picture comes up as a red x.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, congratulations!! that is really something to be proud of. You must feel such relief! And I'm right there with the rest of you on the retail therapy. Except I also eat, so I eat and then shop and then get even more depressed about how the things I'm buying probably won't fit for long if I keep up this vicious cycle of eating and shopping. Sigh. Being a woman is so complicated.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - you rock. I dream of paying off our credit line and visa someday. If I could just refrain from the retail therapy it would happen a little quicker (my husband is guilty of that too - he just bought a pair of Blundstones).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats, life is better with less debt. We don't carry credit card debt, and the student loans are finally paid off, but our mortgage and home equity line more than make up for that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on paying off some debt - always a good thing !

    Love
    Opy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations, Angie!! If I ever see you again in this busy lifetime, I shall take you for gelato to celebrate.

    ReplyDelete